West Ridge Nature Preserve Nature Play Area is currently seeking sponsors and is fundraising in order to fund the enhancement work in the nature play area that the Chicago Park District plans to complete in September 2018.
Ways that you can help this special place become a reality for our community:
- Donate to our Crowdrise link: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/wrnp-nature-play-area
- Suggest sponsors to us and/or ask any possible sponsors.
- Labor and materials needed:
- Create a digging pit surrounded by logs to hold in the contents (pea gravel, mulch?) and to sit on.
- Build a small wooden stage 6’ x 8’ x 8” with a round lip on the sides to prevent tripping
- Create curtains for the stage to stretch between two poles (poles will be installed by the CPD)
- Build or donate a chalkboard (sandwich type?) for children to write and draw on
- Create a sturdy and solid wooden entrance sign
- Build a kiosk similar to the one at the entrance of the preserve on Western for notices and information
- Build two sensory tables
- Donate sensory table materials (sand, pea stone, etc. and play tools)
- Donate mud kitchen materials for play
- Simple rustic stump benches
The cost of materials for creating and building can be covered.
Details and instructions for any of these can be provided by contacting Arlene Brennan email@example.com