I am pleased to announce the start of the new Clark and Devon Streetscape Project. The funding for the project has been secured and the design will start in the summer of 2019. Construction is anticipated to start in 2021.
The goal of this project is to improve pedestrian and traffic safety while creating a welcoming entrance to the Rogers Park, Edgewater, and West Ridge neighborhoods. The project highlights include:
- Intersection improvements at Devon and Clark
- Improved connection from Clark Street to Schreiber Park
- Improvements at the CTA turn around station
- New street and pedestrian lighting
- Reconfiguration and landscaping at the public parking lot
- New sidewalks, curb and gutter
- New trees and landscaping
- Site furniture
- Community identifiers
I will continue to post updates as the project gets underway.
Ald. Pat O’Connor