My office will be hosting our first shred event of the year on Saturday, March 23. All documents will be shredded on site by Midway Moving and Shredding at our Streets and Sanitation Ward Yard, 5333 N. Western Ave., from 9:00 am-noon.
Remember to remove all metal from documents, including binder clips, large paper clips, etc. Also, Midway Shredding is no longer accepting colored folders, postcards or firm/shiny advertisement inserts. Due to the popularity of this event, there will be a three box limit or the equivalent of three tall kitchen garbage bags. This event is for personal document shredding only. No business shredding will be allowed.
We’re excited to announce that Newtech E-Scrap Recycling, Inc. has offered to join our event to offer electronic recycling for free. (There is only a disposal charge for tabletop or small tube TVs – $20.00, and floor models or larger tube TV’s – $50.00)
Check out the following acceptable items:
- Computer Equipment (Towers, laptops, hard drives, keyboards)
- Medical Equipment (Dialysis equipment, blood pressure equipment)
- Electronic Devices (DVD players, cameras, stereo equipment, hair dryers, etc.)
- Office Equipment (Printers, fax machines, copiers, scanners)
- A/V Equipment – cable boxes, modems, wiring, flat screen TV and monitors
- No light bulbs or batteries, please.