CTA Safety and Security Pointers
With more and more thefts happening along our “L” lines, it is imperative that commuters be aware of their surroundings at all times.
Below are some helpful strategies that the CTA feels will help iminimize the amount of thefts happening in and around the “L” lines.
As electronic devises are the new targets of theft, please be diligent about not having your iphones, ipads, etc. visible while riding and walking through and around the CTA premises. These particular items are as valuable to theives as fine jewelry and just as easy to sell.
Stay alert and awake
- Do not sleep on the bus or train, or become too engrossed in a book.
- Keep personal audio players at a low volume at all times.
- Be wary of noisy passengers arguing or causing a commotion. This could be staged to distract you.
Keep yourself and your belongings safe
- Keep your belongings close to you.
- Conceal expensive electronic equipment and jewelry.
- Carry wallets in a front pants pocket.
Prepare for your trip
- Know your route ahead of time. Call 312-836-7000 for travel information.
- Have farecards ready or purchase Chicago Card, Chicago Card Plus, Transit Cards or passes in advance.
For more information regarding safety and other help hints visit: http://www.transitchicago.com/safety