Free and Discounted Energy Efficient Products, Programs and Services
The Retrofit Residential Partnership provides homeowners and multi-family building owners with a simple, one-stop shop for energy efficiency. By calling the City of Chicago’s partner Energy Impact Illinois at 855-9-IMPACT, homeowners can learn more about all of the money saving energy efficiency programs available to them and can request a home energy assessment. Homeowners can save up to 30% on their energy bills and increase the comfort of their home.
Single Family Homes The Retrofit Chicago Single Family Residential Partnership provides homeowners with a simple, one-stop shop for energy efficiency. By calling our partner Energy Impact Illinois at 855-9-IMPACT, homeowners can learn more about all of the money saving energy efficiency programs available to them and can request a home energy assessment. Homeowners can save up to 30% on their energy bills and increase the comfort of their home.
Energy Impact Illinois is offering all homeowners:
- $99 home energy assessment
- Up to $1,750 in air sealing and attic insulation rebates (up to 70% of the project cost)
- Access to qualified contractors to complete the recommended energy efficiency upgrades
- Access to a 0% interest for one year loan
- Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR certification for homes that achieve an energy savings of 15% or more
Historic Chicago Bungalow Association (HCBA) Energy$avers is offering Chicago bungalow owners:
- Free air-sealing and attic insulation
Program eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must live in a certifiable Chicago Bungalow.
- Household income must be at or below 120% of the Area Median Income, approximately $90,950 for a household of 4.
City of Chicago MeterSave is offering homeowners:
- Free installation of water meters
- A 7-year guarantee that your water bill will be no higher than it would have been without the meter
- Free rain barrel or water conservation kit
Peoples Gas Natural Gas Savings Program is offering homeowners:
- Free installation of faucet aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, and programmable thermostats
- Rebates up to $600 for qualifying boilers, furnaces and water heaters
- Rebates for boiler reset controls and attic insulation projects
ComEd’s Smart Ideas for Your Home® is offering homeowners:
- In-store discounts on ENERGY STAR® qualified lighting products and clothes washing machines – look for the Smart Ideas sticker on qualifying units
- $250 rebate for central air conditioning units purchased with a furnace
- Financing repaid through your ComEd bill for ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerators, washing machines, and central A/C units
- Free pick up of your old, second working refrigerator and freezer – get $35 for each unit (limit of 2)
To learn more or to enroll in one of these programs, contact the Energy Impact Illinois Toll-Free number: 855-9-IMPACT (855-946-7228) or click the link below to fill out an information request form and a program provider will contact you.
- Energy Impact Illinois
- City of Chicago MeterSave
- Peoples Gas Natural Gas Savings Program
- ComEd’s Smart Ideas for Your Home®
Multi Family Homes The Retrofit Chicago Residential Partnership provides building owners with a simple, one-stop shop for energy efficiency. By calling 855-9-IMPACT, building owners can learn more about all of the money saving energy efficiency programs available to them and can request an energy assessment. Owners can save up to 30% on their energy bills.
La asociación de actualización de edificios residénciales en Chicago, proporciona a los propietarios de edificios con un simple paso único para alcanzar la eficiencia energética. Al llamar al 855-9-IMPACT, los propietarios de edificios pueden aprender más acerca de los programas de ahorro de energía y dinero a su disposición. Así también puede solicitar una evaluación de la energía en el edificio. Los propietarios ahorran hasta un 30% en sus facturas de energía.
Energy Savers Program
The Energy Savers program, delivered by CNT Energy and Community Investment Corporation, will provide an energy assessment to help you determine which measures can save you money and increase your operating cash flow. Building owners save 30 percent on average annually on utility bills. It includes:
- A free energy assessment conducted by experts
- Access to low cost financing options, rebates, and incentives
- Construction oversight and follow-ups after work is complete to ensure that energy savings are achieved
Multi-Family Home Energy Savings Program
The Multi-Family Home Energy Savings Program, delivered by Peoples Gas and ComEd, provides free installation of energy savings measures in tenant spaces. Measures include:
- High-pressure, low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
A low cost and potentially FREE building energy assessment will help determine which energy-saving measures will lead to the greatest savings in your building. Available measures include:
- Insulation for the roof cavity, building walls, water pipes, and your water heater
- Air sealing
- Energy efficient boiler controls and sensors
- High efficiency gas furnace, water heater, or boiler
- Weather-stripping for doors and windows
- Aerators on unit faucets
- Shower heads with new low-flow models
- CFLs or LEDs
- Efficient T-8 or T-5 lamps
To enroll in one of these programs or to learn more, contact the Energy Impact Illinois Toll-Free number: 855-9-IMPACT (855-946-7228) or click the link below to fill out an Application.
Further information also provided at: http://energyimpactillinois.org/multi/