New Sewers & Water Mains for Ward Underway
UPDATE / 24 July, 2012: The installation of new water mains in our ward is almost complete. These new pipes will allow for expansion, thereby creating greater capacity. Please see below for the status of your neighborhood water main installation.
- Farragut from Ravenswood to Ashland – complete
- Farragut from Damen to Honore – complete
- Edgewater from Hermitage to Ashland – complete
- Newgard from Albion to Devon – complete
- California from Peterson to Lincoln – complete
- Bowmanville from Berwyn to Leavitt – underway
- Bell from Berwyn to Bomanville – underway
- Balmoral from California to Washtenaw new sewer lining – complete
- Rosemont from Glenwood to Greenview new tumbling basin and sewer pipes – complete
Frequently Asked Questions:
Traffic: Traffic will be allowed to flow without interruption, but parking will be restricted around the work zone.
Parking: “No Parking” signs will be posted as needed during work hours. Parking will be preserved as much as possible.
Service Interruptions: Water service will have to be interrupted for a brief period when service pipes are being transferred to the new main. This will always be done with plenty of notice. The other possibility is that a break in the old main might force an immediate shutdown. This is common during construction and neighbors will be made aware if this occurs.
24-Hour Service and information Line
Alderman Patrick O’Connor
Assistant Water Commissioner Tom LaPorte