The Jumping Jack application process opens March 26, at 9 am. Applications are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
Applications accepted online only.
Each year, the Jumping Jack delights children across Chicago. This inflatable playground, provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, is available for free, all summer long.
- The 2018 applications will be accepted online beginning at 9 am on Monday, March 26. No applications will be accepted prior to this date. No applications will be accepted via phone or email.
- Inflatables will only be provided to residential block parties within the city limits of Chicago. Events on private property, in parks, in forest preserves, private parties, birthday parties, and festivals are not eligible to apply.
- Inflatables are for outdoor use only.
- Inflatables can only be set up on pavement, asphalt or concrete.
- Applicants will receive notification by email or phone on the status of their request. The contracted provider will call to set up deliveries.
- Approved block parties will receive an inflatable for (4) hours between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm on the scheduled day. Actual hours will be determined by availability. One inflatable will be delivered to a requesting block party.
- The requesting party will be required to provide driver’s license or credit card information as a security deposit and designate an adult to sign for the inflatable upon arrival. If inflatable is damaged during use, the credit card provided will be charged for damage. Inflatables will not be dropped off without credit card information or a driver’s license and signature of a designated adult.
- The inflatable will not be set up during inclement weather (rain, drizzle, etc.).
- The contracted inflatable company must be able to drive directly to the setup site. The inflatable cannot be transported manually. If the site is not accessible by vehicle, services will not be rendered.
- Generators are not provided. It is the responsibility of the requesting party to supply electrical power (120 watts) to operate the inflatable within 100ft of the inflatable.
- All parked vehicles must be removed from the location of the inflatable. Applicants are responsible for securing all necessary street closure permits from the Aldermanic Office in that ward.