The CRCC Apprentice and Training Program will be opening an Application Period for General Construction Applicants starting January 30, 2018. The Application period will be closing on February 22, 2018.
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Drivers License or state ID
- Must reside in one of the following Illinois Counties:
Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Iroquois, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry or Will
- Must have officially sealed High School Transcripts showing completion of two (2) years of High School (minimum 8 credits) OR G.E.D Certificate OR High School Diploma
- Must have an “original” Social Security Card or receipt showing duplicate card has been applied for
- Must be physically fit to WORK as a carpenter
- Must pass a “drug test”
Individuals who meet ALL minimum qualifications must also be recommended by one the following referral agencies in order to apply for entry in the Apprentice Training Program.
The Apprentice Information Center of the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
- An application must be filed at the State Agency in order to establish eligibility.
- For more information go to www.ides.illinois.gov (search for “carpentry“).
- A letter of intent to employ the candidate from a “union” contractor must be obtained and submitted at time of filing an application.
- A letter of recommendation from a Local Union affiliated with the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters must be obtained by the candidate and submitted at time of filing an application. For the location of your nearest local, click here.