The 2018 IAP Application is now open. Click here to apply.
The (IAP) guidelines are now available.
All applicants are encouraged to attend an Application Assistance Workshop. All applicants that did not attend a workshop in 2015 or 2016 are required to attend a workshop this year in order to apply for a grant. Please use the following link to RSVP for a workshop:
The 2018 workshop schedule is as follows. All workshops listed below will take place at the Chicago Cultural Center, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, October 25: 7-9pm, Zhou B Arts Center, 1029 West 35th St., 2nd Floor
- Thursday, November 2: 5:30-7:30pm in Claudia Cassidy Theater
- Tuesday, November 7: 9-11am in 5th Floor Washington Room
- Wednesday, November 8: 11am-1pm in 5th Floor Millennium Park Room
- Wednesday, November 15: 9-11am in 5th Floor Washington Room
- Thursday, November 16: 12-2pm in 5th Floor Washington Room
DCASE is fully compliant with the ADA. If you have any special needs or require assistance, please contact Julie directly at Julie.Partynski@cityofchicago.org and she will be happy to assist you.
General IAP Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be a professional artist in one of the following disciplines: Visual Arts, Media Arts and Film, Music, Dance, Theater, Performance Art, Interdisciplinary, Literary Arts, Architecture, Photography, Design (includes Fashion, Industrial, and Costume), or Curatorial Arts
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a United States citizen or a holder of permanent alien status
- Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of residency is required for application – we will only accept a Driver’s License or State of Illinois ID)
Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to three consecutive years before he or she is required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2015, 2016 and 2017, you may not apply for the 2018 Cycle.
Project-based grants will be made across six funding categories:
- Chicago Projects
- Touring Projects
- Mobile and City-Wide Projects
- Works in Progress
- Social Practice
- Professional Advancement and Creative Research
2018 Grant Calendar
|Application Guidelines Available||October 23, 2017|
|Application Opens||October 23, 2017|
|Application Deadline||December 1, 2017 at 5 pm CST||Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.|
|Notification of Results||March 2018||All applications will be notified via e-mail sent to the address on file in the CyberGrants system.|
|Contracting Period||April-June 2018||Grant agreement and forms must be filed.|
|Payments Disbursed||June 2018|
|Final Reports Due||January 31, 2019||Reports will be completed electronically. Reports will open in December 2018.|